In the year 1948, Gujarati Kelavani Mandal, Matunga, an educational trust was established. Shri. Ravjibhai Sojpal became the founding President and prominent personalities like Bhagwandas Harakhchand, Kushaldas Kurji Parekh, Trambaklal Amulakh, Girdharlal Ugarchand Parikh, Madhavlal Hiralal, Pitambardas Phulchand and Muljibhai Narshidas, whole heartedly and enthusiastically participated in this educational endeavour.
In 1950, GKM laid the foundation stone of a spacious school building. The school was named “Shri Amulakh Amichand Bhimji Vividhalakhshi Vidyalaya” as it started with a generous donation from Sheth Shri. Amulakh Amichand Bhimji. The school building was nicely designed with well–ventilated and well-lit classrooms, well equipped rooms for educational activities like auditorium, library, science lab, play ground and excellent infra structure for extracurricular activities. It also had large Technical Workshops.